Our this year cover model, Amy Willerton, who we sponsored on Miss Universe Great Britain 2013, is in the Australian jungle as part of the ITV reality show I’m a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here! The 21-year-old beauty qeeen, jetted in from Moscow where she was competing in the global Miss Universe modelling competition to join I’m A Celebrity. But before she enters the jungle camp, here are a few curious facts about Amy:
- Her first shot to fame was as the winner of Katie Price’s TV reality show, “Signed by Katie Price”, two years ago, but subsequently she refused to sign up with the star, instead choosing to forge a career on her own.
- She was first crowned Miss Bristol at age 17, Miss Bath the year after and and Miss London last year. Currently, Miss Great Britain she is the first UK contestant in 30 years to reach the Top 10 at Miss Universe after being placed in the semi-finals this year.
- She dated multi-millionaire diamond dealer Mohamed Shawesh for two years after modelling his jewellery – but they broke up on holiday this year and are sharing custody of their dog Yogi.
- She has been modeling and participated in the charity auction for Orchira pearl jewellery and became the new face of Orchira in 2013.
- She is single and well up for a jungle romance, as she is called herself “completely and utterly single”. She isn’t afraid of spiders, but terrified of china dolls.
Also actor Carlos Ribeiro, presenter Matthew Wright, singer Kian Egan, Olympian Rebecca Adlington, soap stars Laila Morse and Lucy Pargeter and royal dress designer David Emmanue will be in the jungle with model Amy Willerton.
The show starts this Sunday, 17 November at 9pm on ITV1.